Spring is such a wonderful time of year. Breathe new life into this magical season after a long winter of hibernation, with these sweet Easter crafts. perfect for entertaining energetic little bunnies during school break, vacations or to brighten up a dull, wet weekend.
Mini makers will adore these cute creations that can be used as part of any celebrations you may have planned. Let’s hop to it!
Bunny Party Hats
Get the party started with these super sweet bunny hats. A wonderful activity to encourage budding young artists, that’s both simple and fun to make.
You will need:
- Large pieces of colored card
- Colored tissue paper
- Craft knife
- Colored Pens
- Stick on googly eyes (optional)
- Elastic string
Ready, steady, craft.
- Start by selecting your card. We like white for the hat base, but feel free to mix it up a little. Pastels in pretty spring shades work really well too.
- Draw a semi circle on your piece of card. To get the right sized hat, as a guide, the radius of the semi circle should be roughly 6 to 8 inches. In case anyone's forgotten school math and needs a quick recap, the radius is the distance from the center to the edge of the circle. (I promise we didn’t have to google that.).
- Then take your scissors and cut out your shape. Make sure to supervise little ones when using scissors.
- Form a cone shape by bringing the two ends of the semicircle together so that the edges slightly overlap. Glue or staple the base and then glue along the seam. Hey presto, you have your basic hat shape.
- Once your hat has dried, it's time to decorate - hurray. If you have googly eyes, begin making your bunny’ face by sticking these on to your hat, otherwise you can cut out two eyes using different colored card. Alternatively, simply draw the eyes on with a colored pen.
- Cut out a small triangular piece of card in a contrasting color to your hat and stick that on to make the nose.
- Now, draw on your bunny mouth using a pen or marker. Here’s a quick tutorial on how to draw a simple and effective one:
- Next, cut out 4 long thin pieces of card in a color of your choice and stick two to each side of the nose on a diagonal to make your whiskers.
- Cut a small slit in each side of your hat using scissors or a craft knife (this is a job for the adults only) making sure it stays well out of the reach of inquisitive little hands.
- Take another piece of card and cut out two bunny shaped ears, making a small fold at the bottom of each one. Now, insert them into each slit and secure the folded part with glue or tape.
- Take the elasticated string and measure roughly from one side of the base of the hat to the other, leaving a little bit of slack. Cut your elastic to size and staple to one side and then the other. You now have a strap that will keep your hat securely in place, leaving you to get on with all that dancing and celebrating.
- As a final flourish, feel free to accessorize your headpiece in your own unique style. How about adding a pompom tail to the back or draw on a pair of glasses. You could make a pretty floral arrangement from colored tissue paper and secure it to one ear, for a really cute look.
- Pop on your hat and let the good times roll.
Bunny Treat Bags
Add a personal touch to the celebrations with this delightfully simple craft that makes a cute and quirky gifting idea to surprise friends and family with. It's so easy to do yet makes for a real crowd pleaser, especially when filled with treats.
You will need:
- Rectangular paper bags (or cloth)
- Marker pen
- Twine or ribbon
Ready, steady, craft.
- Take a paper bag and cut out two bunny shaped ears from each side of the top of the bag, leaving a space in the center.
- Now, take a pen and draw on a cute bunny face. If you have any pompoms, turn the bag over and glue one onto the center of the base of the bag.
- Pop some treats or little trinkets into the bag, taking care not to overfill.
- Secure the top of your bag with twine or pretty colored ribbon and tie tightly in a bow to create a ‘bunny ears’ effect.
- For extra wow factor, you could create a bag using a piece of fabric in pretty floral prints, cute pastels or fun designs.
- Simply cut out a round of cloth, place some treats in the middle and gather it up, fashioning two rabbit ears, before tying with a long piece of ribbon or string and securing in a bow.
- If you're a dab hand with a needle and thread, you could even sew on a rabbit face or simply use a marker pen. Don’t forget to add the bunny tail.
- Dish out your treat bags to loved ones, use as table favors or leave out as a sweet surprise for little ones, ready to discover come Easter morning.
And, if you're on the (egg) hunt for a perfect Easter gift, as an alternative to all that chocolate, then our Enchanted Easter collection is just the ticket for little chicklings.
These beautiful metal decorative eggs from iconic brand Maileg are both cute and collectible. In a sweet set of two, they are adorned with stunning, nostalgic illustrations. Fill them with little trinkets, or one of the Maileg Mouse family miniatures as a thoughtful, heirloom gift to surprise them with on Easter morning.
Maileg has come up trumps again with these two fluffy friends, Bunny Bob and Bunny Holly. These soft cotton printed bags have a special fabric pocket sewn onto the front complete with a furry rabbit pal. Does it get any cuter than this?
Not forgetting younger ones, this stunning baby rattle from Nobodinoz will soothe tiny teething troubles with its natural solid maple wood ring and soft terry organic cotton rabbit ears. It even comes in a gorgeous natural cotton storage pouch, a perfect Easter gift for a new arrival.
Wrap little bathers up in these super soft hooded towels from Liewood. Adorned with the sweetest embroidered bunny face and topped off with floppy ears, these baby essentials are a real lifesaver to entice little ones out of the tub. Incidentally, these super sweet, silicone bath toy buddies, also from Liewood, feature fun animal designs and make for a splashing good time during a good old scrub-a-dub-dub.
For a sweet celebration to remember, Meri Meri has come up trumps with the most adorable party and tableware to choose from. These cute Easter themed cake toppers will add a fun element to the table, complete with their sweet honeycomb designs. Feast away with these delightful leaping rabbit themed paper plates and coordinating napkins in pretty floral pastels with gold flourishes. Top off the festivities with these amazing headbands in an assortment of colors. This pack of eight spring bunny hats will jazz up the occasion with their tissue paper detailing, whilst this felt headpiece decorated with a stunning spring floral arrangement is a real showstopper.
You can shop the full range of delightful Easter Gifts to inspire over at Scandiborn. And, if a spring clean is on the cards, why not spruce up your living space or indulge in a home interiors update. Have a read at our Nursery or Animal Themed spaces to give you a little inspiration.
Don’t forget to follow along on Pinterest too.
For more reads on all things parenting, home and lifestyle be sure to visit our Journal. And, be sure to sign up to our newsletter to stay in the loop on the latest news, offers and all of our favourite things.