Terms of Sale
- Background to These Terms of Sale
- Please read these terms carefully. Please review these Terms of Sale carefully and make sure that you understand them before placing an Order.
- Legally binding. These Terms of Sale constitute a legally binding agreement between you and Scandiborn any time you place an Order.
- Acceptance. By purchasing any Products, you agree to be bound by these Terms of Sale. If you do not accept these Terms of Sale, you are not permitted to purchase any Products.
- Consumers only. The Products and other services offered on this Website are for consumers only – they are only to be used for non-commercial, non-business, private purposes by consumers. By accepting these Terms of Sale, you promise to us that you are a consumer and not acting in the course of a business.
- Termination. Scandiborn may change or discontinue the availability of any Products and at any time without prior notice.
- Incorporation of our Terms of Service
In addition to these Terms of Sale, our Terms of Service apply to your use of our Website and your purchase of any Products. Please review them carefully before placing any Order. In the event of any inconsistency between these Terms of Sale and our Terms of Service, these Terms of Sale will prevail to the extent of the inconsistency in respect of any Order placed by you.
When we use certain capitalised words in these Terms of Sale, they have the specific meaning outlined either in this Section 3 or in the sentence where that term is defined. you will be able to spot definitions by looking out for terms that look like this: (“Defined Term”).
- “Account” means your account on the Website, which is created when you register with us by completing the registration process on the Website.
- “Contract” means the contract for the sale and purchase of the Products between you and Scandiborn, which incorporates these Terms of Sale.
- “Listing” means a summary on the Website of a Product containing (without limitation) images of the Product, a description of the Product, and a statement of the then‑current price of the Product.
- “Order” means your order for the purchase of Products from us that you place via the Website. All derivatives of the word “Order” (such as “Ordered”) should be understood in the context outlined in this definition.
- “Products” means the goods offered by us via the Website from time to time.
- “Terms of Sale” means the terms and conditions set out on this page.
- “Website” means scandiborn.co.uk (including its subdomains), and any other associated interfaces, applications or website owned or operated by or Scandiborn from time to time.
- “you” and “your” means an end-user of the Website.
- Our Right to Vary These Terms of Sale
- Changes to these Terms of Sale. From to time to time, we may make changes to these Terms of Sale. If we do so, we will: (i) post those changes in an updated version of these Terms of Sale on the Website; and (ii) where we consider the changes will materially or adversely affect you or your rights, notify you of such changes via email (where possible).
- The latest version of these Terms of Sale applies. Your purchase of Products will be subject to the version of these Terms of Sale which is in effect as at the date of your purchase. It is your responsibility to check this page every time you place a new Order.
- Information About Scandiborn and our Contact Details
- Who we are. This Website is operated by Scandiborn Limited, a company incorporated and registered in England with company number 10159378 whose registered office is at 838 Ecclesall Road, Sheffield, S118TD. In these Terms of Service, “Scandiborn”, “we”, “our” and “us” are all references to Scandiborn Limited.
- How to contact us. You can contact us by writing to: email@example.com.
- How we may contact you. If we have to contact you, we may do so by email to the address you provided when you went through the check-out process on the Website or that is registered on your Account from time to time.
- Placing Orders
Ordering via the Website. We operate the Website as an e-commerce site, on which we make Products available for purchase by customers. The Website allows you to:
- make Orders to pay for Product(s) through the Website; and
- have the Product(s) delivered to the address you specify.
- Shopify. Our online store is hosted by Shopify, who provide us with the online e-commerce platform that allows us to sell our Products to you. Your purchase of Products on the Website may be subject to additional terms and conditions which will be notified to you by Shopify at the time of check-out, as relevant.
- Ordering via the Website. We operate the Website as an e-commerce site, on which we make Products available for purchase by customers. The Website allows you to:
When is the Contract formed? The Contract is formed when we send you an Order confirmation email. We will send you that Order confirmation email to the email address associated with your Account or, if you check-out as a guest, to the email address you entered during the check-out process.
- Products may vary from their pictures. Scandiborn aims to use the Listings to give you the information you need to know about the essential characteristics of the Products. Although we try to make sure they are as faithful as possible to the real thing, any images shown in the Listings are for illustrative purposes only – given the digital method of presentation, it is possible that your perception may not exactly match the relevant Product itself.
- Pricing. We may from time to time offer Products subject to a sale or discount. The Product prices displayed on our Website will always reflect the prices as calculated after applying such sale or discount. We reserve the right to discontinue any sale or discount at any time without notice to you (but this will not affect any Order already placed).
- Compliance with UK laws. We are a UK-based business, and can only ensure that the Products we make available through the Website comply with applicable UK laws and regulations.
- You authorise us to charge your payment account. By submitting an Order and providing us with your payment details at check-out, you authorise Scandiborn (acting itself or through its third party payment processor) to charge the relevant account to take payment for your Order. Scandiborn will not be responsible for any losses you may suffer if the payment method you use to pay for an Order does not have sufficient funds to cover all costs of that Order.
- Payment options. We may from time to time offer ways to spread the cost of your Order, which we will present to you at check-out. Such payment options are generally delivered to you in partnership with third party providers (for example, Klarna) and may be governed by separate terms and conditions. Where that is the case, you will be informed at check-out.
- When do we take payment for an Order? We will process the transaction and take payment for your Order when you place the relevant Order on the Site. We will send you an Order confirmation email immediately after the Order has been placed. If the Products you Ordered are not in stock and the Contract is not formed, we will not process the transaction and we will not take any payment for that Order. If the payment information you supply to us is rejected or we cannot otherwise process your transaction, your Order may be cancelled, suspended, or delayed.
- Prices in local currency. All prices for Products shown in Listings are denominated in the currency that we determine to be your local currency.
- Prices in Listings exclude delivery charges. The prices shown on Listings for Products do not include delivery charges. The prices shown on Listings for Products also do not include import taxes and any other similar customs duties.
- Delivery estimates are not binding. Where you choose to have them delivered, the Products you Order will be delivered using a third party courier service. Please note that any estimated delivery dates displayed on the Website, or in any Order confirmation email or webpage, are simply estimates – they do not represent a guarantee that the Products will arrive by that delivery estimate.
- Orders delivered outside the UK. If you Order Products for delivery to a location outside the UK, those Products may be subject to import duties and taxes, which are levied when the delivery reaches the specified destination. You (and not us) will be solely responsible for payment of any such import duties and taxes. Please note that we have no control over these charges and cannot predict their amount. Please contact your local customs office for further information before placing an Order for delivery to a location outside the UK.
- Returns and Refunds
- Our Returns Policy. Our Returns Policy details how and when you can return any Products you have Ordered and is incorporated into these Terms of Sale by reference. We have set out our policies on a separate page to ensure that all necessary information is presented on a standalone page, in a clear and accessible form.
- Your Legal Rights. Our Returns Policy does not affect any additional rights that you may have under the law applicable in your country of residence.
- No commercial use. Orders which are used for commercial purposes and subsequently returned are actively monitored. Scandiborn reserves the right to refuse to serve any person suspected of undertaking this activity for future Orders.